ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me rev!!!!!

Hey guys, my 182 has developed a cheeky little flat spot at about 6k rpm. Should I be worried and is there anything I could/ should do?

I changed the plugs earlier today to no avail?!

It has now come up with an engine management light, i am guessing it may be a lamda issue. It idles fine and sounds like all 4 cylinders are working ok.

Has anyone else had this issue?

It has now come up with an engine management light, i am guessing it may be a lamda issue. It idles fine and sounds like all 4 cylinders are working ok.

Has anyone else had this issue?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Get it plugged in matey... no guess work required then.

Mick

Golf GTD Mk7
plugs are fine then. Sounds a little strange that it's only at 6K. I'd be getting that plugged in though mate. Trust me it will save you a lot of money and messing

Right had it plugged in and it came it with o2 sensor fault and a couple of brake sensor faults and weirdly a cruise control fault. Anyhow i reset them and went for a drive now it stutters and coughs like a good'n with an intermittent engine light. Plugged it back in and it says damaging misfire or something along those lines.

I can only guess its coil pack. Its much much worse than it has been :-(

On the plus side i have welded up my cracked CAT, so hopefully when its running right i will finally get to hear what the scorpion sounds like!!

clio 182
Nope shouldn't really have a flat spot and probs best not to just settle for it. You said you welded up the cat?? Did you do this before or after the flat spot occurred? If after you might have done some damage internally to the cat which may be restricting flow at hi revs which would give a flat spot/reduction in top end power. Might be worth having a look in side the cat just to check everything is where it should be. It won't cost you oat and even if it’s not the problem its one thing eliminated from the list of possibles.

The flat spot seems to come and go...

I welded the cat up post - flat spot. But the cat has been leaking for sometime.

Cat looks like new internally. No fault codes showing.

Erm now I have no clue as to what to do!

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Could possibly be the brick loose inside the cat mate, take it off and give it a shake