ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help: Misfire Fault

Flame Red 172
Ok firstly when driving along, my exhaust began blowing, before getting home to look at it, it had fallen off. I ordered a new one and continued to drive for a little over a week without an exhaust.

Once replaced when driving a light came on, on the dash (The one underneath the petrol light)

277062841_cef015eb66.jpg

I pulled over, turned the car on and off and it went, but the engine management light came on in it's place.
The car is driving horrible now, misfiring and when I put my foot down it's like I'm putting the power on and off, when I floor it it's like it's trying it's best to go, but falling flat.

Had it in the garage and they said it was a throttle sensor/pedal, replaced it, I've got a new black pedal, so I pick it up, drive down the road, no difference at all.

Back in the garage they have replaced the sparks (helped, but didn't solve the issue), replaced the coil pack, this made no difference so the original was put back in. They Cleaned the Throttle body, Cleaned out the CAT, but yet the problem still persists.

Nothing comes up on a diagnostic and the only thing they can thing is the fuel filter now. Nothing is changed on my car other then a remap.

Any ideas before I blow it up? :( lol

Last edited:
  Flame Red 172
Just an update a friend of mine has mentioned that he thinks it could be the lambda sensor? He says that as I drove without an exhaust for a week or so it messed up the sensor signals and that'll have shot it.

Flame Red 172
Right ok update, lambda sensor checked, no good. Auto Electrician's been out and can't find the fault.

I have nothing left I can think to do, can anyone help me? It's costing me a fortune and nobody can fix the bloody thing :(

120d M Sport
I have exactly the same problem on my 1.2 16v, only happens every so often but really frustrating when it does. Fred on here suggested it to be the coilpack?

Flame Red 172
It's a serious misfire with my car though, it's running on 3 cylinders when it goes and it's all the time.

Coil pack was replaced and made no difference, so they put the old one back on :(

1.5dci
chainge your fuel filter, it could be that its blocked with crap and not enough fuel is getting in. worth a thought , i seen its on sum mechanic programme on a 4x4 and it worked fine after

M

mini-valver

As above! Hold the throttle at abouve 3k RPM and pull the injector wiring plugs off one by one and see if it makes a difference to the running.

Runs worse, plug it back in and try the next one. If you unplug one and it makes no difference, check the wiring first but it'll more than likely be the injector.

Flame Red 172
As above! Hold the throttle at abouve 3k RPM and pull the injector wiring plugs off one by one and see if it makes a difference to the running.

Runs worse, plug it back in and try the next one. If you unplug one and it makes no difference, check the wiring first but it'll more than likely be the injector.

Thanks mate I'll give that a shot.