ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP - Need an Exhaust !!

02 Clio Extreme
im looking to buy an off the shelf exhaust for my 02 plate clio 1.2 16v

im not good at these type of things, so the more help and advice the better!

what 'makes' do you suggest? full system or back box? (i dont understand)

im looking for a nice note, but not quiet and not too loud.. its hard to explain

anyways, hope you can help me :) xxx

E36 328
if your not after a big power gain and you are not looking to modify your car a lot, then just go for the backbox. You can get pretty cheap ones from EEEEEVERYWHERE google 'clio backbox' or something?

and if you dont want it too loud, dont get a decat and dont get it too big

;)

RenaultSport 197
Well IMO if you just want sound, go for a PECO stainless steel system like me, not too expensive, excellent quality and a deep throaty sound. If you want performce, Magnex are probably your best bet. They are expensive for a full system though, and you can't get a rear box from them either for the 1.2.

Also if you want a quiet exhaust note, but not so quiet you can't hear it go for a 3.5" tail pipe or twin 3" box. If you go for like 4" and bigger the noise increases dramatically. With a full system your more then likely to get a deeper tone anyway, just don't exceed 3.5 inches.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We have some nice new systems in development for this car at the moment. Details and pics to come soon.

David.

RenaultSport 197
Dont get mild steel. Deffo go for stainless steel if you want to keep it lasting longer then the car will probably live!!

If you can afford it, titanium exhausts are the bollox, but really expensive and not worth it on a 1.2. Get stainless steel love ;)

Predator Motorsport could sort you out with a custom box probs if you phone them for a quote.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
As you're down in South Wales...you could go to Pro-speed in Cardiff...they'll make you one custom built for your car however you want it.

Their website is www.pro-speedexhausts.com

Charlie's work makes him a bit of a legend on here! :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
don't get a rage exhaust they are universal and always a bad fit. for the same price you could probably get a custom back box which will fit well and not fall off everytime you hit a bump.

Black Clio GT
or your local powerflow place, if its just the sound and look your after then go for a backbox £130 if your after more power go wiyh the full system £250 ish

Fiesta ST
Peco backboxes range from £130-£170 in s\steel.

I can't seem to find any backboxes from Piper, Magnex, Mongoose or JanSpeed for that car. Mostly full systems.

Scorpion look like they do two designs for your car, ~£170. Scorpion are good, and not too loud either. :)

Evo 6, E92 320d
ive just ordered an ashley full system with 2 3" pipes for £150. ill let u know if i'd recommend it wen its on(2/3days tops). If the quality is gd then its a bargain price.

Fiesta ST
ive just ordered an ashley full system with 2 3" pipes for £150. ill let u know if i'd recommend it wen its on(2/3days tops). If the quality is gd then its a bargain price.

Ashley are awesome, quite loud but a very deep tone. ;)

It's a good price for a full system but that's because it's m\steel and not s\steel. The build is ok, but it may take some jiggling to get it fitting nice.

Sound ace though imo. :cool:

Evo 6, E92 320d
yeh, i look forward to gettin it on then, cheers. for that money im not too worried how long itll last, so long as it lasts till the end of the year ill be happy. i bought it from the fiesta centres ebay shop, they got em for most cars on their, also manifolds and sports cats too.

M2 Competition
Id ring charlie at prospeed. Best exhaust ive had. Pic what you want it to look like, whether you want it cut in etc, and he'll make it on the spot for you.

02 Clio Extreme
right people.. ive had a look on the prospeed website
what do you people think out this?

the PR-055 tailpipe cut into the bumper?

06.gif

or even this.. the PR-202 tailpipe? not cut into the bumper

twin03.gif

or if you have anyother suggestions, please feel free to post them up
here is the link.. http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/products.html

Last edited: