ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed asap

Clio 172 Cup
hi need some real help advice so on .

start with iv just had the cam belt and dephaser pully changed

now when i start it up the car idles really rough rev counter jumps around from 500 - just over 1200 feells like it wants to stall all the time
and some times it dose. when on full load feels fine but mega rough running when at idle.
also its over fueling

past history recent lamda change both
tdc sensor changed
have a spare coil pack and leads have tried these also but no real change

any advice would be good thanks in advance

Clio 172 Cup
hi in answer to your question i got it done at my local garage
all genuine renault parts i ordered then myself cost a few quid but worth it for the piece of mind i think
as far as i know they deal with these a lot so was happy to go with them and other renaults

but if you think its timing il get it back in

Clio 172 Cup
yes they had the correct timing tools
horse shoe for cams and one for the dephser pully and exhaust cam and locked off bottom end near gearbox
dont ask me what its all called im not totaly clued up on the mecanical side of car
but all seemed good but i only seen the start after droping it off i had to leave but iv read that these f4r engines are a little lumpy after belt change?

its just the revs jumping around on idle and the stalls thats bothereing me ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It needs looking at properly by the garage that did the work first as it may not be timing related (it does sound like something has advanced though from your description). Did you supply/ask them to change the camshaft and crankshaft fixings to?

53 Clio's & counting
Just to confirm mate these are not generally a bit lumpy after a belt change, they should be spot on from the off.

As Mick gas said it does sound timing related but it could be a coincidence so speak to the garage and see what they say to hegin with

Clio 172 Cup
hi all thanks for all the help
got it back in to the garage and after a few mins checking the timing was out just a very small amount
the exhaust cam was off by about 3 degrees give or take but needless to say it was out enough to give rough running
1 hour later and they had fixed it at no extra cost and a nice sorry :)
​so all is good now :) running great :)