ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed changeing air bag ecu , seat and pre tensioner

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
My seat airbag and pre tensioner has gone off so i have got a new seat , pre tensioner and air bag ecu/module

Am i safe just replaceing them all ?
Do i need any sort of computer to get the air bag and service light off

Any help will be a god send

Thanks

02 Clio
I think if you have replaced the pre tensioner and the airbag, then after replace a new or second hand air bag module with no fault codes on the light should go off and airbags should work fine again. Or you can fit the airbags and pre tensioners and get the fault codes removed of your current airbag module, then after replacing i think the light should go off :)

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Ahhh just what i was looking for i thought that but wasnt sure

New seat with un deployed air bag , new pre tensioner so in theory new module with no "codes" or previous air bag deployment i should be fine

Thanks alot

02 Clio
Yes i think that's correct. I hit a curb and the seat air bag, passenger pre tensioner and rear seat pre tensioner went off... I replaced them all, sewed the seat up, but haven't got around to buying a new airbag module yet.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
i hit a pothole and passanger seat airbag and pre tensioner went off so got all bits for cliospares (as was) but not got round to swapping them over

thanks for the info

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Am going to do this today

Is it as straight foward as unplugging ecu and plugging in the one ive got or do i need to dis connect the battery 1st

Also how do i get to it ? Do i just pull ash tray out or do i need to remove more