ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed for PH1 handbrake cables

2xPh1, Corsa rally
Changing the handbrake cables on my early PH1 and purchased from Renault parts given
R60 00 073 733
R60 00 073 734
When fitted the cables are about 60mm to long at each side,the outer sheaths fit spot on. Had to cut old cables off so hard to compare against each other.
Are these the correct cables or have i been given PH2s.
Thanks

phase 1 flamer 172
I believe early phase 1 have a different adjustment arrangement to later phase 1 and phase 2 so possibly different cables, you may know this already, so yeah I would guess you have the wrong cables although I cannot help with part no,s.

2xPh1, Corsa rally
Yeh my cable is adjusted from inside the car under the handbrake cover.
Been on to Renault and they want me to take the cables in as maybe a issue with cable lenghts.
would be nice to know difference between PH1 and 2s

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
early phase 1 adjusts in the car, late phase 1 and phase 2 adjust under the car.

Give me a steer or photo where to adjust under the car?
Have it on ramps atm, but not to much room to whizz about and explore

dan's cast offs.
no pics but you should be able to see the adjuster from underneath, if you can't then will be on the handbrake itself.