ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP NEEDED!! Gear box problems!

Clio 182 Turbo
Evening Everyone,

Need some help and advice, was driving home from town today in first gear went to give it some stick rev'd up to 3k then i thought it popped out of gear but in fact i lost 1st all together, its only 1st gear that is not engageing all other gears work fine.

Now i have heard some time the gear linkage could be the issue but i think thats hopefull thinking, now this is where i need the advice, my 182 has a standard comp turbo conversion, am i A) better off getting the gearbox rebuilt, B) get a second hand 182 gear box or C) looking for a alternative gearbox??

Also to get the gearbox out of a 182 am i required to remove the engine to get at the box??

AnY advice welcome!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check you've still got 5th and does the gear stick move about like a crazy thing when driving?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Mate depending on how far your gonna push the power levels would depend on what route I'd recommend.

Upto 260 bhp a recon 182 box
260-340bhp a recon JC5 128 dci box with the circlip welded in
340+ a R26 box or Scoff VAG conversion

E36 M3. 182
So are the dci boxes genuinely stronger, or is it just a case of them having more suitable ratios for the power???