ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed! Twisted dog bone mount.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Trying to change my dog mount to powerflex bushes on my 182. I've tried 2 different mounts with the bushes in, when I align either the front or back hole up first the other hole ends up being about half inch out? Has anyone had this problem before?

182 Trophy
Silly question, but do you have the dogbone mount the right way up and are you supporting the engine/gearbox with a jack? Removing the mount lets the engine/gearbox drop and will make refitting very difficult.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Sorted it thanks, had to push down on the engine so I could get the bolt in, I don't fancy doing another one after that haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I found that issue fitting the evol mount which is a similar thing. You noticed much difference mate? I find my mount rattles as I've upgraded others. Opening the drivers window helps lol.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I've not tested it yet! It's currently on the drive poorly! I've heard for the first week or 2 it causes the car to shake/vibrate till the rubber settles?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah the purple ones, hopefully I can get out Over the weekend and see if I can feel any difference

Some people say they hardly notice a difference in vibration but my was really bad. When the car was cold and idling it would shake the rear view mirror. Had it on for a few weeks now and it's settled down loads, almost like it was before but it's now so much nicer when changing gear.

If it's any consolation mine was also a pain in the arse to fit, especially when trying to line the washers up!

Renault Clio 172
bit off topic, but anyone who has an evol one fitted, did yours come with different inner sleeves? mine came with 2 sets of plastic and 1 set of metal, currently got the plastic ones in but wondering what the metal ones are like before i try them