ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed Urgently!!

1.2 16v
hi, i have taken my door bump strips off for spraying. I have found that

the longest strip with the bullets on the end had been glued on and i was

sure that they are supposed to slide in and out. I think its some sort of

tiger seal as it is a pain to get it off. However on remooving some of the

glue i descover that there are small holes in the door but not big enough

for the bump strips to slide in to. This is a concern as the shorter strip on

the rear panel slid in and out and i have seen pics of cars with the bump

strips off and on the doors there are the correct holes for them to slide

into. im not sure what to make of it really, colul it mean a dogy door

replacement? also the only way i am going to put the bump strip back on

is to take the old glue off and reglue it on??!!

All thoughts and opinions are most welcome, thanks

Punto/Clio GTT
dont be too fussed about taking the old glue off, just cut the largest chunks of it, then reglue your side strip back on.

tbh it sounds like theyve took the strip off to do a repair maybe and they broke the clips and sikaflex'd it on.

1.2 16v
no, the strips look fine, there are small circular holes in the door that have been glued over so im guessing a repair job, i hope the other side isnt the same as i only took one side off, my car is HPI clear and only one prev owner with full service history so is there anyway i could tell if there has been an insurance claim or repair job on it?

Punto/Clio GTT
look very closely in the indent of where the side strip goes, can you see any scratches in the basecoat? generally a place most people dont prep well as its covered with the side strip anyway

1.2 16v
yes it is a bit irregular and there seems to be a line of white paint over each hole for some reason, il post some pics, prob just a repair job, ah well