ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed with bootlock

W

Willy

Hiya. Im outside fitting a new boot solenoid but I cant remember how to rebit the black metal plate and the gold plate with the silver lock on? Im trying to upload pictures from my mobile but stupid LG PC Suite is terrible. Hope someone can help :(

Ta

182 Cup
I've just had a look at mine, and I'm not quite sure what you mean. The unit on my 182 has a large black plastic body which is held in place by 3 nuts, the mounting points are in a triangular formation, so there's only one way it will fit. Unfortunately I can't upload a picture from work.

W

Willy

Refit sorry :) I've kind of bodged them together, will get pics up asap :)

Thankyou for having a look, I think thats the actual boot solenoid your looking at. I should of made my self clearer, sorry. I mean when you slam your boot, the clip that holds the boot in place. Ill get some pics up asap as its very hard to describe. Thanks again

182 Cup
Right. Order of fitment as far as I can see is:
Gold plate (with silver catch in place)
Black plate (should fit snugly over the two 'arms' on the gold plate)
Washer (this might be part of the black plate though from the pic I just snapped)
Torx bolt

1998 BMW e46 323i
does this help, taken and uploaded on the n96. Can't really see what your prob is tho...

Attachments

• 07082009024.jpg
    07082009024.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 07082009025.jpg
    07082009025.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 24
  182 Cup
More info.

If you were looking at it from outside the car:

The gold plate should have the upfolded wings nearest to the boot, so that the silver catch is nearest you.

The black plate has a lip on it which should follow the line of the pannel it's being mounted to. The black plate is a U shape and the top part of the U should fit neatly into the wings on the gold plate.

182 Cup
Only thing I'd say is that those torx bolts are larger than the ones fitted to mine, the internal catch looks the same though.

W

Willy

Thanks lads, really much appreciated. Inferno you were looking at the right thing, your right the black plate sits with the lines of the boot, top stuff :) thanks

Thanks john.med, i needed to remove that bit to in the end lol

Thanks both of you, got it all sorted now! :) <3