ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed with iceberg silver paint code

STI JDM
By looking through the forums on this subject I couldn't find what I needed. Well basically, I bought the touch up stick about 6 months ago and was told the code was 640. I realise that there are about 5 different variants in silver regarding a clio 172, my one is a 02 reg.

Well the paint looked spot on when first applied, but when it dries, it looks like a totally different colour so I kinda never wanted to use it again. I've since managed to chip a bit of paint off my bonnet where I've had to use it again just to touch up. It just dawned on me that even though the code is the same as my car '640', the 2 letters infront of it are different. On my car it read MV640 and on the bottle it read UV 1 640. Do renault do a MV640 touch up stick? or is there any alternatives to get a closer colour?

ps. code on the current stick is 77 01 422 387

Da

Less
the code for gris iceberg (Iceberg Grey) is 77 01 422 387 as supplied here so I believe the paint is correct, it's just upto it's usual crap standard of colour match mate.