ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed!!!!

hi
had to call the aa out the other day when my battery went flat. i had the battery checked out and needed to get a new one. fitted the new one last night but now the car won't start.
i had it running the same day on the old battery whith some charge in it. it's not the immobiliser as the light on the dash goes out. it just turns over and is not trying to fire the car is mk2 172 2003. any help would be great as a trip to renault @£60 per hour and then the possibility of a new management system would not be good!
thanks andy

172 cup'd extreme
is everything connected properly?
connector on the top of the coil pack?
are you getting a spark?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its not a dry battery m8 ,were you have to add the acid when ya get it home is it ??

MrBillyUK !

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo
Sounds like the TDC sensor is at fault more than the battery if it turns over. Does the rev counter move slightly as you crank the engine?

everything looks ok. checked the immoboliser light on dash again. should this go out when turning over engine. it stays on!!

Clio 172 mk2
TD172 said:
Sounds like the TDC sensor is at fault more than the battery if it turns over. Does the rev counter move slightly as you crank the engine?

Have to agree on the above