ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!New Clio Cup oil hunger!

BMW 330d :)

Im the lucky new owner of a clio 172 cup and ive noticed that on start-up, the oil gauge has gone down by one bar after the first 400 miles. Is that normal or is there a problem with the engine?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fraser

oil gauge??? All mine says is Oil Ok on the computer never seen a gauge on there or am i missing something. I have a late 03 172.

Tappd'd RS

if you press the reset trip counter etc button before you actually start the car i.e. ignition on, there is a scale of the oil level - very handy!

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 11 April 2004

if you press the reset trip counter etc button before you actually start the car i.e. ignition on, there is a scale of the oil level - very handy!
Well you learn something new every day :D

Banana

why not just check the dipstick? there aint a more accurate way of checking your oil level than that. ive never trusted these dashboard gizmos anyway. any car ive had with brake wear sensors have not worked so i wont be relying on the oil level sensor either!

The guage is not accurate... sometimes my 172 have no "bar" at all from that guage.... just use the dipstick as Rufstuf said....

the gauge is repeatable and hence accurate, so its good enough.

The motor will use oil when new, if you care too just drain and fill with a good mineral 10w40 and continue on your way.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

down 1 bar in 400 miles is nothing really. if it goes down 5 bars thats only just over a litre then. top it up and dont worry.