ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, numpty done his car in

sw1

Clio 172
Wondering if I could inlist some of your help, I was fitting my car stereo earlier. Something wasn't quite right so I took the head unit out and went to push it back in and got a spark.

Following the above incident all internal stuff is f**ked

I can't turn the air con on or off
cd player is now ripped out as that was the issue
no internal light
alarm is going off but now appears to have died, drove down the street with it going off to get it out of my street.

So basically it looks like all the inside electrics have gone down.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I checked the wires of the head unit and nothing appears to have been cut.

sw1

Clio 172
nah not yet, the alarm was going off so I have dumped it for the night, irrate neighbours.

Have to be up at 5.30 in the morning to go on a long business drive, will do it tomorrow. Will check it then

I'm hoping that's it

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Its probably the fuse for the UCH.

Check the ones in the passanger side dash.

There are a few which control pretty much all the internal equipment.

MK1 Clio 16v
If you've left your car somewhere with the alarm to go off all night, good luck in trying to start it in the morning!

sw1

Clio 172
the alarm stopped after a while, odd really.

Started okay today - got it booked into to get it all fixed, learnt a lesson there ;o))