ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help on lowering 172 cup

BMW 330d :)
Im in the process of getting my turinis refurbed and I would also like to lower my cup which i think sits too high std. What would ppl suggest? 40mm all round? 60??

Also would it be better getting fk coilovers which are height adjustable with fixed damping or gaz's which are adjustable in damping and height for roughly the same cost? Or would you suggest lowering springs with/without shocks in 40mm or 60mm?

Would the front need to be lowered more than the back as I think the arch gap is bigger. I just dont fancy spending 600-700 squid for a set of hr's that have fixed damping on them. Where would be the best place to buy? Any help from 172 or cup owners would be appreciated, maybe with some pics too ;)

Im with priviledge insurance at the mo would they accept mods and how much extra would an insurer charge?

Cheers

Fraser

Weeman sucks ****
Apex won't lower a cup as much as a std 172/182, I tried it but it is the cheapest way to do the job. That's if you're just after looks.

Coilovers are a much better buy but I can only comment on H&R.

Cheers chris im getting sick of the 4x4 look and the roll entering corners. Anyone else had experience of other setups?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
trust me don't get gaz, 'buy cheap buy twice' that was my experience with them. love the h&r's, the damping may be fixed but it spot on imo

Chris said the h&rs were too soft for track work though. Have you tried them? They also do adjustable damping h&rs. Anyone got them?

Cheers

Fraser

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i have h&r's, i never used em in a track so i couldn't comment, but they are perfect for road use. have a look on yozzasport, they do bilstiens (SP) which are the dogs swingers, infact look at the group buy they have......

How much time do you spend on track, Chris felt they could be a tad firmer on track which personally i would say is preferable to too firm on the road assuming thats where most of your driving will be done. To my knowledge there are no damping adjustable H&R's on the market and trust me i've done enough digging around on the things, lol.