ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help on this car please, considering buying it

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Could be a cheap runaround make sure you do a good hpi check on it though!!

You will need the serial number of the V5 and the chassis number

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
im just scared on new engine/clutch, he said done at a local garage, i dunno whether its worth a punt

Good shout for a runabout, however that feedback and lack of poroper grammar would put me off.

If your local though, I'm sure eh wouldn't mind you going to see it.

Lack of feedback etc suggest you could fry an egg on that! I would do every check under the sun first.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Lack of feedback etc suggest you could fry an egg on that! I would do every check under the sun first.

Everyone who sells there first thing on ebay has no feedback unless they have brought stuff so by your definition does that mean there all dodgy as f**k???

I wouldnt judge a sale by fact hes got f**k all feedback what about a car you view from an autotrader add or off pistonheads, they dont have feedback do they ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ebay feedback doesn't mean jack s**t.

The car however looks a complete sack of s**t and i wouldn't touch it with yours.

Everyone who sells there first thing on ebay has no feedback unless they have brought stuff so by your definition does that mean there all dodgy as f**k???

I wouldnt judge a sale by fact hes got f**k all feedback what about a car you view from an autotrader add or off pistonheads, they dont have feedback do they ;)

Agreed but the fact he has several cars for sale, the car itself is abit rough round the edges and the fact its very, very cheap does not look good. £1600! A straight one is worth £4k.
Says it has had a repair in the past that wasn't done very well, I bet you its catergorised.
Having said that even if its a cat D £1600 for a diesel 206 is cheap even if it needs a respray, its a 206 hdi for 306 hdi money.

its had a front end!

look it has a later colour coded bumper fitted, pugs of that age have a black one such as the back bumper in the pics!

hence the new engine!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
from the pictures it looks like it has a shunt at the rear,

the lack of arch liners at the front is worrying too, also the shut lines on the drivers door.

He wouldnt sell it for less than its worth, I'd avoid it.

Looks like its been a Cat C with front and rear damage. Doesn't appear to have been well repaired either. If the engine had to be replaced due to the accident that is some hefty impact. Walk away.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
well he lvies round the corner so i may have a gander, then decide if tis worth AA inspection