ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help on Valver Price/buying

Going to c a valver on Thu. Naples Red N reg only 55k. 17s and standards, lowered, exhaust and ind kit. Its mint. What sorta price should I be looking at paying? Its just had a wheel bearing and new brakes. MOT til Dec. Cheers Chaps and chappeses..lol

Advertised as "mint" or actual mint..

If it is mint, yea.. £3000 - £3500..

Ive been to see "mint" cars before.. and really, they are struggling to be "ok".. Heh.

Depends on the rust. Could be rear arches (probably) and need cutting out - probably about £350/£400 for both sides if both need doing.

There are a few points where they all go..

I would only pay that kind of money if it had like no rust, there are examples out there with no rust.

It really depends on the history, should have a pile of bills even with that low mileage.

I dont think the mileage is that important, it could mean its just done loads of town miles, its more about the genral condition of the car.

If hes asking for big money then you shuld take it for an mot, then at least you know the basics are ok.

I would look at an absoloute max of 2700 for a complete and utter minter, dont forget you have to have another cambelt in the next 10k too and most big problems appear to happen at around 70 - 80k.

The thing which worries me about Valvers with no rust on that sort of mileage, must be close to getting it or has been repaired.

Most of the 16v/Williams I saw had been repaired.. but badly.. like, really bad jobs, heh.

On the other hand, you might get one which wont rust, cus it was sealed properly.. at the factory.. very rare tho.. only ever seen one..

320d

How much is it advertised at?

Alot depends on how badly he wants to sell it - if hes already bought a new car to replace it you might be able to get yourself a bargin coz he wont want you to walk away after a viewing

Have a look in the Cars For sale mate http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=95097&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=95097&PagePosition=1, another £500 and you could have 2ltr power which has had everything replaced before engine went in.

Spec List:

1994 (L) 449 Sports Blue 2.0ltr 16v

56k Miles

Only had Williams engine in driven for only 2-3 weeks and was fitted professionally by Grey Devil Industries in Caxton

Immaculate Williams 3 Interior Incl. Seats/Door cards/Dials/Gear Knob/Carpet

17" Oz Velas with new 205/40/17

SPAX PSX fully adjustable -35mm Lowering shox and springs

Tar-ox 20 Groove Discs Brand new unfitted

MOMO EVO Steering wheel

Hill Power RamAir I/K With Feeds

Full Magnex with De-cat

Brand new K-Tech Gp N 3 piece uprated clutch and cable only 150 miles old

Cam belt, idler pulley and tensioner done 150 miles ago

Brand new water pump

New Engine Mount

New Dog Bone Mount

Low temp thermostat

Low temp fan switch

All oils and fluids changed 150 miles ago

New Plugs

Dimma Fuel Cap

Full top end uprated gasket set

New Head bolts

No engine mods

Ph2 rear lights

Williams spoiler

Williams bump strips with 2.0ltr badges

Has just had rear drivers arch replaced due to Rust.

New windscreen

8 months MOT & 6 months Tax

This conversion is not registered with DVLA so it is only Gp 12 insurance!

I am only the 3rd owner of this and for the first 8 years it was owned by a woman who kept full Renault service history on it and spent thousands on maintaining this car. I have a folder full of receipts for every single thing that has been done to this car totalling over £10,000.

this car has cost me £3000+ in the 6 months i drove it.

Only downside is the bonnet could do with a re-spray as it has lots of stone chips but what do you expect on a 10yr old car. I have a written quote of £160 to re-spray it.

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/images/products/1179/images/go_uk_sa_visitor_2pack_024.jpg

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

2500-3000 i would say tops!

i sold my old one for £2800 about 3 weeks ago with not a patch of rust, everything worked mint, the car was mint apart from a little scratch on it, wheels were mint not a single mark on em, complete engine rebuild, engine on 20k miles, cams, headwork, manifold, zorst, lowered, spent about 3 grand on it in a year and a half.

Smokey, Due to your constant plugging, I am going to suspend your forum account for 1 week. At the end of this week, I do hope you have had chance to think about your constant "plugging" and it helps you to refrain from making such posts in the future. Speak to you in a week.

:p