ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help please driving me nuts!!!

OJD

clio 172 ph1
l have a phase 1 172 throttle cable type throttle body trouble is when driving the car the revs fluctuate between 1.2k and 2k when l release the throttle and roll out of gear or brake with my foot on the clutch! l have took the trottle body off cleaned with brake cleaner greased all the spring and spindle and the cable itself seems free not sticky and its still reving since cleaning it seems to be worse idling at 1.2k any help would be appreciated thanks!

also would having the wrong plugs in affect this its getting serviced tomorrow so have nno idea whats in it but am putting the genuine platnum tipped plugs in

OJD

clio 172 ph1
see l thought that how could l tell if it was broken? cheers for the reply mate

V70 d5 beast
i would remove it and give it a good clean ie brake cleaner etc then re-fit it and try it, usually just full of dirt that causes them to do that

OJD

clio 172 ph1
cheers for the advice guys done a bit more looking around turns out its drawing air in between the throttle body and inlet manifold because the gasket is missing good easy fix waiting on my gasket coming from renault :D