ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please! no cd player or c/l

hmm.. so its friday afternoon.. il do a good deed.

just helping a mate get his cd player working.. its an old golf so i said we could try it in my car.

took my cd player out and pops his in.. it comes on for a second then i hear a popping noise from behind the dash..

so now the radio doesnt switch on and neither does the central locking work.. does anyone have any ideas on what may need replacing?

.. ive checked the fuse box and the fuses are fine. looked under the bonnet next to the battery another small box with a couple of relays in... and cant see any damage on the connector to a relay/big square fuse.

Is it likely to be the actual wire which has melted or a relay/fuse somewhere ??

its a 1995 Clio 1.4rt.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated

--Why do good deeds sometimes come n bite ya in the arse.. or maybe its just stupidity

it will be a fuse, i can pretty much guarantee that

same thing happened to me when i was fitting my mates stereo into my car, sounds like a bad earth and/or +ve current making its way onto the head units chassis and causing it to short on whatever metalwork is around there

exactly that mate.. ta very much.. just had my mate tell me the same thing.. he did it with his seat ibiza.. its something to do with a yellow wire.. im not sure whether it is earth or live..

it kicked off the c/l and interior light.. just turned out to be the interior light fuse. it had me sh*tting myself.. went down to the local garage to ask.. ooh they scare me when they start thinking up prices..

anyway ta very much mate.. in the future when ive got a show-worthy clio il come to a cliosport meet n buy ya a pint ;)

Christian..

the yellow wire is a +ve connection, hence the shortage

ignore local garages, most problems on here will be answered by someone similar to myself, the search function is pretty much useless now, so doesnt really come as much of a help

as for cliosport meets, i rarely go to them, especially car shows so dont worry too much about the pint ;)

Got me too.. thought the HU was bust.. then realised the light and locking wasnt working.. so was the fuse.