ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP PLEASE!! WEIRD PROBLEM?

n/a
went to start my car this morning and noticed that the electronic fault light was on and the engine managment light too!! had to drive to work because had a really important meeting and the rev would not go over 2000 revs, driving back home the electrical light was not on but the engine managment light is on but doesnt flash stop! :S but the other god damn weird thing is wen i stop and i apply the foot brake it seems to rev by itself! CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP?:mad::nono:

Last edited:
  F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
not revving over 2k is safe mode

get it plugged into diagnostics to pin point (term used very loosely) the problem

172 SPORT PH2
sounds like a similare problem, if not the same problem my sport had, it turned out it was the pedal, 9/10 its that anyway...

My local garage did the diagnostics for free, which is a bobus... so yea, im preety sure its that

n/a
yeh i jus did a test from my cousins machine and it says brake pedal sensor??? how did u sort urs out

172 SPORT PH2
i sorted mine out by removing all the faults that was stored in the ecu, wiped it all clean, and ive had no problems ever since, not even replaced it, if i was to, i would clean the cable first, then if it presists, i would change it fully myself ...

n/a
the cable connected to the pedal you mean? the car had this problem previously i was told by the c*ck head ex owener today. and you would'nt believe this but when i first bought the car i used to wash it by hand and it the engine managment and electrical fault light used to appear but has since stopped lol.

172 SPORT PH2
lol tut tut, yea i mean clean the cable with some sort of eletrical cleaner, you can buy in most general stores, make sure its lint free or summate lol , i would buy Wynns, Electrical cleaner....

Yea so hopefully you will sort the problem...

C3 Picasso Beast
I had a similar problem about a month after I bought my 172. When it got hooked up to diagnostics said it was the throttle position sensor but turned out in the end it was damp getting into the wiring engine harness connecting to the bulkhead! I'm only mentioning it as you said you use to get the prob when you washed your car and this was exactly how mine started f'in up to begin with!!

C3 Picasso Beast
Haven't a clue mate!! Took a Renault garage several weeks and cost me over £500 for basically just labour to get it sorted but since it happened in Dec' 07 it's not happened since...