ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please........

1.4 16v Privilege 53reg
i am thinking of selling my clio 1.4 privilege and dont have the foggiest of what price to ask for!

its a black 53reg in VGC with cd player a/c elec windows etc and has done 47000 miles

any opinions on what i should be asking for?

cheers

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Go to autotrader and see what similar models are asking, undercut them if you can afford to and it should sell quick....

Also if the car is modified and you have the standard parts id put it back to stock (Standard cars appeal to a wider spectrum of buyer)

1.4 16v Privilege 53reg
cheers for replies

autotrader have a couple going for about 4k-ish so am thinkin of askin for 4k ono cos am not in a rush yet as i dunno wot to get next, any advice on what to have next???

1.4 16v Privilege 53reg
haha nah am 21 but have to insure for business! i would have whatever i get for mine to spend on a new 1

1.4 16v Privilege 53reg
i've seen an astra 1.8 sri for £3,400

low mileage, mint condition n its low on insurance too!! cliosports r too high on insurance or i wud defo av 1!

Any suggestions on wot 2 av next, 1.8/2.0L ish engine

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Don't get the 1.8 SRI - the 2.2 SRI is a much, much nicer drive and if you get some quotes you'll find hardly any difference in the insurance. Consumption isn't really much worse either. Very smooth, torquey drive and works well in the Mk4 chassis. They're not exactly fast (although they claim 60 in under 8 seconds, 7.something iirc) with 144bhp, but they feel more powerful than that. And chain driven as well so no expensive belt services. Try find one of the late ones wearing the SRi Turbo bodykit from the factory (they do exist) and it'll be a solid motor.

Like this - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/454195.htm - but they look almost decent in black (aside from been a Mk4 Astra of course heh), lowered on the GSi Turbo wheels :)

Dan