ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Please!

Just rebuilt my engine with a new head etc after the cam belt went - all back together but the blumin thing wont quite kick into life! Any suggestions?

Clio Phase II 16V

Check the following, not putting you ability down but:

Timing marks,

HT leads going to the right plug,

Earthing straps,

Did you check for bent valves?

Fuel supply

Electircs

Got it earthed, got a new head so the valves are ok, it is sparking, got the garage who supplied the head to also supply the timing marks and then got a proffesional mechanic to fit the belts and the fuel supply seems fine coz when i try to start it a couple of times it cetainly reeks of fuel - i may take a fuel lead off and then crank it over to see if fuel squirts out - its when i turn the ignition- it nearly splutters into life but just falls at the last hurdle. Do i need to tow it down my road and bump start the engine into life? Second gear and then lift the clutch at 20 mph?

Clio Phase II 16V

check the ignition components and check for a spark.

Best way is to buy one of those little light gadgets from halfords (if fits between the plug and lead) to see if each lead is getting a power supply, and to check its firing in the correct order make sure the timing marks are are lined up TDC = Top Dead Centre.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

make sure the fuel pressure is ok should be 3 bar as standard.(if not fuel pressure regulator)

Using a strobe gun on a valver is erm.....difficult with the entire belt assembly covered lol.

Try unplugging the coldstart injector as it might be flooding.