ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP - problem with engine!!! fairly urgent!

Seat Leon FR
hey guys, (sorry for rambing but its detailed!)

came out of work tonight and had to end up gettin towed home!!!

i drove to work fine, 3.5 hours later i cam out and started my engine, all looked ok til i tried to pull away, my accelerator did nothing!!! i could put the pedal to the metal with nothing happenening under the bonnet. almost as like my accelerator pedal was not connected. the electrical fault light was on the dash as well, and i was idling at about 1500 - 2100 revs. if i put my foot on the brake the revs dropped to normal idling rate of 950 ish.

so anyway (dads a mechanic :) ) got my dad to come down, couldt see anythin obvious, got a tow home into the garage and killed the engine. (on the way homeas well i noticed that without my feet been on the pedals the revs were bouncing a bit.)

in the garage i started the engine again and it was fine, revs were ok and fault light was off, i could rev accelerator fine. then when i touched the brake the error light came on and the revs rose up again. a couple of times the revs bounced a bit (see video). then if i switched engine off i could start it MOST times and the error light was off til i touched the brake.

my dad disconnected the brake light switch from somewhere and that let the revs drop to normal but the error light was still on.

has anyone got ANY ideas what could be wrong with it?? cos we're stumped! nothing looks out of order in the engine bay, all wires are where they are meant to be and nothings damaged. i havent changed anything under the bonnet or anything! :( im absolutely guted cos i bet this is gonna end up costing me and i forked out 450 quid on insurance 2 days ago!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(

http://www.stevens1.plus.com/DSC01826.JPG - error light

http://www.stevens1.plus.com/MOV00022.3gp - revs vid!

172 cup'd extreme
throttle possition sensor on the throttle body , when that light comes on it goes into limp mode and wont go above 3k rpm. take the throttle body out clean it with carb cleaner and see if that works. if not could be the wiring loom, if its a 1.2 16v the loom at the back of the engine where it connects to the ECU is to blame there is a metal cage around it that rubs through the wires and causes this error

Seat Leon FR
cheers, ill have a look later when i get in! hope it is that cos i got some guy booked to come check the cars computer fault code tomorrow at £35 + whatever i get charged to fix it. (i just hope he brings the KY jelly)

Seat Leon FR
hmmm, just started engine to have a play and see if i can sort it and it seems fine!! liie nothing was ever wrong with it. it was in garage overnight, maybe something got wet in the rain last night?