ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP problem with my clio

I'm not really sure if it's a problem as such, but starting yesterday
the car has been a bit funny. When I started the car a light came on
and I didn't have a clue what it was. I pressed the gas to go and it
seemed fine except that I couldn't go more than 30mph. So I pulled over
and restarted the car again and it was fine. The same thing happened
this morning!

has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone know what it could be?

The light has a BOX with a lightning sign in the middle
of it. Then underneath the box is a coil shape, like springs on its
side!

i dont think its like this, after i turnt the engine off it worked fine after, but is the light in relation to the coils?

TeZ

Non RS : (
well if u get a pic of the dash and show us what light it was we can prob help matey

thanks tez, but why does it limit the speed to 30. my bro said it could be the petrol, because a while ago there was problems with petrol making the cars run oddly, and the in the manual it says something to do with water in the petrol or some crap.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it goes into safty mode if there is any electrical fault code on the ecu , thats why it will limit speed and revs, its like a limp home mode

Renault Clio 172
I have the same problem excactly at the moment. All this problem started week ago. Also during driving the warning light lights and no more than 50 km /h my car will not drive. After i start the engine again, everythind is OK.

It is very disturbing problem, because the service will not find any problem if the car runs smoothly. And when this problem appears, it is difficult to go to service at once :(

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
i have the smae problem. check the wiring harness ontop of the engine. There is a black box which just pop's of. This has worn its way through my wires and casues it short. Hense why i am looking for a new one.
I had mine on diagnostic machine which said MAP sensor, I bought a new one in hope it would be a cheap fix, but its definitely the harness