ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! - Reinstalling Windows 7 on new hard drive

Clio 197
A family members laptop needs a new hard drive as Windows loads REALLY slowly and then a couple error messages appear saying the hard drive is 'screwed'.

If we bought a new hard drive how would I transfer Windows 7 from the old hard drive to the new one? Otherwise the new hard drive wont have Windows on it.

Thanks in advance :)

Clio 1.4 Dynamique S
You are best installing a fresh copy of w7 to ensure that all the drivers will work correctly, mirroring/copying all o/s files wouldn't work properly. Would probably try doing a fresh reinstall on the current hd or do a good clean up on the o/s to see if that will increase the operating speed first.

Listerine & Poledo
TIme for a clean install I reckon.

THen once you've got the new drive working, plug the old one in to scavenge your files.

Download the iso from digital river site and use the key on the stick that should be on the bottom of the laptop.

Clio 197
The message that pops up after Windows finally loads says...

Windows detected a hard disk problem.

Back up your files immediatley to prevent information loss, and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk.

Clio 197
So this would mean that its a hardware problem so the CCleaner will probs not make a difference as a need hard drive is required by the looks of things.

I will try anyway.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member