ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help req’d with alarm

ive got a 2000 (w) reg 172, recently the alarm has started goin off for no reason, then when i start the car the red light flashes 3 times (by the handbrake) which means that someone tried to enter the car, its also stopped locking itself after 30 secs. obviously it needs lookin at just wondered if anyone has had similar probs or if anyone knows how much renault will fleece me for when i take it in?

cheers

^^ the doors lock still when you drive it (over 4mph like you say), but the car should lock itself if you park it, with all the doors shut after about 30 secs. its stopped doin this.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by johnny peanuts on 16 September 2004

^^ the doors lock still when you drive it (over 4mph like you say), but the car should lock itself if you park it, with all the doors shut after about 30 secs. its stopped doin this.
Am not sure about the mk2 ph 1s but my dynamique will only relock if you unlock it and dont open the doors/boot within 30 seconds.

cheers lads, i think once the alarm started goin off randomly ive got a bit paranoid and seen probs when there blatantly isnt one!:oops:

ive slapped myself around the face and calmed down, so we can ignore the lockin thing .

any ideas on the alarm and more importantly how much?

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 16 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by johnny peanuts on 16 September 2004

Am not sure about the mk2 ph 1s but my dynamique will only relock if you unlock it and dont open the doors/boot within 30 seconds.

does it do it on models without the alarm or did you get the renault alarm fitted to yours? my dynamique used to lock itself too if i didnt open the door but thought it was an alarm option, so is it standard on all clios?

Mercedes SLK350

Just had the same problem with my 182. Try the spring loaded plunger under bonnet and the bit it plugs into. Had both replaced on my car, sorted the alarm going off all the time.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

yes it is. a w reg could have one of two alarms fitted (both cobra). one alarm with a separate untrasonic box on it with a sensitivity adjustment screw on it or a compact where you swap the red and white ultrasonic connectors over to reduce sensitivity. poss if its a import it might have a sigma alarm which also has an adjustment screw. remove the dash top to access the alarm. if its a compact the alarms in the scuttle panel area near the wiper motor.