ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help servicing a 182

RB Clio 182
Hi, i am buying some things to give my car a service. Im going to buy oil and filter, pollen filter, plugs and coolant.

Is renault the best place to get them from as i want genuine parts, or is there any other places which do them cheaper?

Are there any traders off here that do them all? If so, who?

Also, my car has done 51k, is there anything else you would advise servicing while im buying? Does the fuel filter / brake/power steering fluid / gearbox oil need doing? I am getting this done so i know everything is up to date for peace of mind although it has almost got fsh.

My friend that runs his own business is servicing the car for me but im supplying all the parts, so if anything else might need doing let me know so i can order it please.

Last edited:
If you want peace of mind I'd do the lot , you can't say do brake fluid unless you know the boiling point etc personally when I bought mine I did oil , filter , sparks ,gbox oil , brake fluid , wipers, coolant etc just so I know it's done no more hassle ! Each to their own !

Lionel Richie
Hi, i am buying some things to give my car a service. Im going to buy oil and filter, pollen filter, plugs and coolant.

Is renault the best place to get them from as i want genuine parts, or is there any other places which do them cheaper?

Also, my car has done 51k, is there anything else you would advise servicing while im buying? Does the fuel filter / brake/power steering fluid / gearbox oil need doing? I am getting this done so i know everything is up to date for peace of mind although it has almost got fsh.

My friend that runs his own business is servicing the car for me but im supplying all the parts, so if anything else might need doing let me know so i can order it please.

air filter and pollen filter you can get from anywhere, doesn't have to be genuine for them as Renault don't make them (Purflux do, available from GSF etc) oil filter 100% use genuine (or purflux)

fuel filter - non servicable
plugs - ebay is the cheapest they're NGK PFR6E-10 (£13EACH from the dealer +vat!!) cira £38 on ebay
coolant - stick to OE only £12ish for 5L
call adam at Renault autoworld on 01902439264 and he can post out genuine or non genuine

Clio 197
Also worth checking euro car parts - don't seem to get too much of a mention but they offer free delivery and often have 20-30% off offers on which make them very competitive!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I'll be selling the NGK PFR6E-10 plugs very soon mate if you haven't ordered them. I'll be £37 posted.

Brake fluid wise, you can get a litre of ATE Superblue for around £15. I use and recommend that

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I'll be selling the NGK PFR6E-10 plugs very soon mate if you haven't ordered them. I'll be £37 posted.

Brake fluid wise, you can get a litre of ATE Superblue for around £15. I use and recommend that

Good price on the plugs!

air filter and pollen filter you can get from anywhere, doesn't have to be genuine for them as Renault don't make them (Purflux do, available from GSF etc) oil filter 100% use genuine (or purflux)

fuel filter - non servicable
plugs - ebay is the cheapest they're NGK PFR6E-10 (£13EACH from the dealer +vat!!) cira £38 on ebay
coolant - stick to OE only £12ish for 5L
call adam at Renault autoworld on 01902439264 and he can post out genuine or non genuine

My car has orange coolant, Im thinking of changing it for Type D next service.

I didnt worry about it because I've read varying comments, also a Renault tech told me they where using blue or orange stuff when I asked last time I bought a thermostat for a 1.2.

Radioactive green only should it be?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Yes! I sound like a broken record with this and am probably a bit too obsessive with it - lol. I had mine changed for the first time at 24k and it transformed using the gearbox from feeling like porridge with a spoon sticking out, into something that was much more direct and enjoyable to use.

I get it changed every 24k now in line with the service interval. Certainly can't do any harm!

D.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
^ agreed makes a big difference changing the gearbox oil. It often gets over looked along with changing the brake fluid aswel

Arctic Blue 182 FF

Hi G let me know when you get the plugs in cheers mate

Clio 182
Forgot about that place , the website is very similar too!

Have you ordered anything from them?

Yeah, ive used them before with no issues. I believe they are the same company as ECP, but are fractionally cheaper due to being online only. ECP have a collection service on the same day.

I could be wrong on that, but who cares. Bottom line is, there cheaper :p

RB Clio 182
Ill send them out first class post mate you'd have them next day more than likely

May be about back end of week if you wanted to collect

Ill order them thursday mate if you think ill receive them before sunday, if not i could pick them up on thursday.

Thanks.