ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help setting IP CCTV camera up

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
what is the other end of that network cabe connected to?

How is the camera powered using POE or a power adapter?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
will post details later, but it turns out the graphics card in the desktop isnt good enough. so am going to need advice on a new one, but like i say the computer is a bit old its a hp pavilion 743.uk

i managed to get camera connected correctly but i just get fuzzy lines out on the screen.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok so a little man from china has been looking at my pc remotly, everything is connected and working fine but my computer isnt up to spec.

the issue is this -

direct3D -

1-1.jpg

ive no idea what direct3d is but its not working on my computer, the little chinese man said my graphic card needs updating. the first two directdraw both work fine.

here some spec info on my pc which is pretty old.

4.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

5.jpg

can anyone help with this problem and what i need to do to get this direct3d working on my computer?

thanks

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
could really do with some help from someone in the know.

i can get the ip camera connect to the computer and software. i can get the time and date to display in the cctv software but all i get is grey fuzz from the camera.

this is the second camera and ive tried it on two different xp machines.

do you have to use a POE with ip cameras?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my main desktop pc is a bit old, but i ran the direct3d tests and all came back fine

now trying on a newer laptop and again all direct3d tests worked but i just get a grey fuzzy screen

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Check DirectX is installed?

Take a picture of the socket the graphics card is sat in, Andy, then post it up

95ca92c008a0b20a5d886010.L._AA300_.jpg

Does your graphics card look like this, inc the connector?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
um ok, if i can find where the graphics card is.

the requiements to run the camera are as follows -

Hardware requirement :

• 1. Dual-core CPU or upper.
  • 2. 2G Memory or upper.
  • 4. Independent Graphics Card display.
Software requirement:
  • Windows 2000/ XP/Vista Win7 32bit, The camera does not support 64bit OS and Linux
  • Windows Directx9.0 is required
  • Latest Display adapter driver

now i have a decent spec ed laptop that has all that well a slightly better spec but it runs windows 7 64bit. so there a way to run 32bit stuff on 64bit?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok the xp laptop i have is running windows xp, its got a dual core, 2gb of ram and a mobile intel 945 express chipset

so im assuming it ticks all the boxes???

ive installed directx9.0 on it but still a grey fuzzy box

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You dont have an independent graphics setup on the laptop, its probably integrated.

This is the trouble with using old obsolete hardware.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
brown socket will be agp more than likely blue is usually PCI-e. But its not a standard. I am 99% sure it will be AGP though

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ah bugger ok thanks.

my desktop is well old probably 5 years +

so that leaves my windows 7 64bit laptop which does have an independent card. but how do you get 32bit stuff to work on 64bit??

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Windows 7 seems to be able to cope with 32 bit programs most of the time

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
32bit software will still work but you will need 64bit drivers for the camera.

Can see how as its IP based. Shouldn't need drivers at all.
Its the software that's going to stuggle, there's probably some kind of compatibility mode in 7.

Can see how as its IP based. Shouldn't need drivers at all.
Its the software that's going to stuggle, there's probably some kind of compatibility mode in 7.
Ah, ok, wasn't sure how it was seen as a device. Most 32bit stuff should be seamless on 64bit as Windows has built in subsystem to do the translation (Wow64).

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sadly my 64 bit machine stops the install half way through so cant do it

as requested pics from my desktop pc

WP_000044.jpg

WP_000043.jpg

WP_000040.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
£30 i can cope with, not got a clue what am looking for though.

also im very greatful for everyones help so far. this has been going on for three weeks now and im getting very fustrated with it. spend just over a ton on a camera thats not currently working

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
yeah it does sadly

the spec of my cctv desktop computer are on the first page. it would be nice to be able to use that but if i have to buy a new one so be it.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Show us the mainboard tab

And run gpu-z and show us the output of that aswell please

TBH you should really use this as an excuse to upgrade your machine. At present its a bit like ordering in Sky HD 3D then plugging it into a 19inch Blank and White Bush portable.