ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help! sidelights don't work

Clio 172
hello, i've posted this before, but had no reply. worth a try again... sidelights on my 172 don't work. dash illuminates when i turn the sidelights on, but nothing outside. xenons, full beams and fogs work fine though.
the driver side went first, then came back on for a while, and then both failed and nothing since.
rentech had a look when i had it serviced and said it's not the bulbs. read a few posts which suggest it might be fuses or relays.
can anybody help please?
thanks!

Clio 172
sorry, yeah tried the fuses. unplugged and plugged back in the relays too. but nothing... what to do?

CB600FS
If its not bulbs, get a test light/multimeter and see if your getting 12v to the little block plug for the side lights first, go from there.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
sounds like the bulbs are the wrong way around as they are L.E.Ds?
they only work one way round.
also check do rear lights come on ?(side lights?)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
make sure the bulbs arent blown up
make sure they are in the right way as there is a + and -
make sure the fuse isnt blown up and is the correct size

Megane Mk4
Have you checked earthing cables? Might be loose or you might have a broken wire somewhere.
Faulty relay switch?
Dirty or corroded bulb/bulb holder contacts?
Faulty switch?

Clio 172
thanks for the posts! just a quick question - can anybody tell me where the sidelights are grounded to please? thanks again!