ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - slightly warped rim

Does anyone know how I can have the rim of my alloy bent back into place (can anyone do this?) I must have hit a bump harder than I thought as in one place the outer rim (closest to the tire) bends away from the tire slightly. Its hardly noticeable but I know its there...

Does anyone know how I can get this sorted?

From a safety point of view the whole wheel must of taken a lot of stress in the impact, its worth taking it to an alloy refurbisher to check the wheel is running true still. Otherwise i guess it might be possible to chop off that bit and then smooth it back with a refurb but this could cost a bit and as i said, probably easiest to just get a new one..

-Rob

Golf 1.4 TSI

could you not put on the spare and use that one if you get a puncture, of course im assuming you have the standard alloys and the spare is the same

No these are 17s. What I dont understand about the wheel is that I would know if I had hit something- the suspension in my car is rock solid and surely for a hit to bend the alloy it would make a big bang?

Its the rear nearside wheel. Its hardly noticeable - just annoying

Hehe, Yeah thats true! - I didnt have my driving trainers on at the time either so couldnt work the clutch thingy properly!