ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help snapped locking wheel nut key

Ok last night the thing i hoped would never happen happened. my locking wheel nut key snapped and i dont have a spare. Rang renault today and quoted the code on the side of it and they responded by saying its discontinued, GREAT!!! So at this point i am fucked really no idea of how i am gonna get the nut off. i have tried to hammer a socket on with no luck and tried to tap the nut round without any luck. any ideas the wheels are standard rsi speedines 14 inch, thanks for any help

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Drill out the centre, then using a thread extractor remove nut (may have to use some heat for extra help) IMO

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
i had this exact same problem the garage used my locking wheel nut with an air gun and knackered it. i used a socket hammer and a ratchet and after a while they came off. cant remember what size the socket was but its got to be this style

A4socket.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i weled the top of a nut to one of mine,,and then used a socket and unscrewed it

The Beast MK4
My McGrards are getting rather worn, I will probably replace soon before more extreme measures are needed.