ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE!!!

Clio 182 Cup
Well its a bit of a dramatic title, but ive just bought a clio cup 182 and im struggling for insurance big time! I'm 24, 7 years no claims live in a nice area of the countryside, did my pass plus, however i have six points....and a drink driver smahed into my fiesta zetec s last year writing it off......with tesco VALUE the insurance is £738 which i paid sunday so i could at least drive this rocket!! But I dont believe i got the best deal as it doesn include windscreen cover, or replacement car!! I got the following quotes....
:mad:
Direct Line - £990
Swinton - £1800 (idiots)
Confused.com - £1400 - £3500 LOL!!
Tesco - £1000
Tesco Value - £738(the one i paid for)

Cheers

audi a6 3.0tdi
try greenlight insurance i pay £700 with protected no claims less than that without protected. i'm 24 6 years ncb

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Will struggle at greenlight with the claim mate. Unlucky though. Best to pay it and keep your nose clean I'd say.

Clio 182 Cup
Cheers guys AMAZING!!! Just got a quote from greenlight they have quoted........

£660 woooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Cheers

LY V6 with Recaros
Have you tried Privilage aswell, they seemed to be best for quite a few people recently?

Clio 182 Cup
That £660 was with protected no claims, courtesy car, legal protection etc and a £350 excess, also included points and claim on it. Really happy with the quote so gonna cancel GAMMY tesco Value crap insurance....Barry at Greenlight was a great help really impressed with them!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
do you not think maybe you should have looked into the insurace thing before buying the car?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
that was a second car though , and it was £200 quid quick desicion needed, saw it 2 hours later it was on my trailer on the way home.

i bought it with the intention of making a proffit, i broke even

insurance is a joke, I need to find a better company next year that will do agreed value on all my mods, as I dont like paying £1000 basically on a car that would cost me under £250 standard... really I should be allowed to put 4x the power through the wheels if I'm paying 4x as much lol

Clio 182 Cup
I wasnt buying a car on sunday though!! I was driving past ian shipton cars and saw in the distance a clio cup 182 and thought hmmm i want a drive in that..i had no intention of buying it!!! But after driving it i decided it was mine...and no one else was allowed it so i bought it there and then....i wasnt bothered how much insurance was but i knew being 24 and 7 years no claims I'd get insured. So it was an impulse buy!!:rasp:

MY10 R35 GTR
£800

22 3 NCB 1 claim and 3 point

been driver 4 and a half years.

thats with greenlight

RB 182
I went with Privilege, they quoted me £537 with no claims protection, legal help, and £250 excess. I'm 25, 8 years no claims, no criminal stuff etc... They have 0% interest for this month too i believe!