ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!! Speaker cover on dashboard!!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

My speaker cover the passenger side of the dash is rattling Ive had it replaced one and now it doing it again. Its driving me mad, I dont want to take it to Renault again cos they keep breaking stuff.

How does it come off? I want to take it off then pad it out so it doesnt rattle!!!

Please help me before I go insane!!

Hi Geordiepaul,

Let me know if you get it sorted, as mines doing the same thing. Ive resorted to listening to the radio really loud now. But I can still hear it :mad:

MINE had the same problem.... i was told it is not the speaker, the plastic plugs that fix the dash in need lubrication..... that is what is causing it. plastic creaking against plastic... all covered under warrenty...... mine has been fixed today ill let you know on monday.

it should also go when you press on the dash around the airbag area......

this may not be the case for you, but its worth investigating

172nightrider

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Yes!! Its come off.

Just press down and twist. Just gonna pad it out with a bit of something and then put it back and see how it goes!!!!

Cheer guys!!

OH WELL... just had a phone call from REnault and they have not fixed my rattle.... i have told them to look more towards the speaker cover..... watch this space.....

172nightrider

It is impossible these covers to produce such noises. It is probaly something ele causing that noise. You can remove the speaker cover, but is very difficult, by pushing it down and turn it at the same time. Be carefull not breaking the plastic clips. At least here in Greece the is no spare part number for these covers, they give them with the entire dashboard.