ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help strange noise!!

i have noticed a creaking noise in my car on full lock. It seems to be only on full lock to the left and when the car is moving or is rocked back and forth on the clutch. ie going back and forth very small distances on a hill so just rolling back and then putting power back on. No idea where it is coming from front of car but thats all. im guessing its suspension? It has only just happened and not something that has got worse over time.
Any suggestions what this may be and how to cure it? and it doesnt sound like something is rubbing ie wheel on arch lining. There is another strange noise happening when going over speedhumps (only really when going a bit too fast)

Chocolate Bar™
pretty sure mine is making that at the mo, but in having coilovers i assumed it was related to that. may have done it before but i probably didnt realise. i never actually put full lock on that much so dont encounter it often.

sorry i cant help :(

Hi guys,

My 2002 MK2 RS did the same with only 16k on the clock, took it into the dealer only to be told it's a known problem on most Clios RS's. The stut mounts require a minor mod that Renualt offer, but it's not a re-call fault. I think you'll find information about this problem listed on this site as I've seen it on here. It cost £94.00 to do but my car was under it's warranty thank god!

Cheers.

p.s. all thedealer does is remove the top suspension mounts and grind away the rounded whole so it's slightly larger, a little course but the noise has never returned, they also paint the work with protection paint etc so it doesn't go nasty later on.