ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help - strange noise

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
i changed my springs a couple of weeks ago, and since then i've had a strange creaking noise coming from the nearside. the strut and all the bolts i had to undo are all tight, and everything is assembled properly. this noise only occurs when i turn right, and it just happened when i pulled onto my drive a little while ago. the right suspension etc is exactly the same in terms of assembly and bolt tightness and there is no noise coming from this area at all. can anyone help me?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
right. just sat there in my car and turned the wheel backwards and forwards and it does sound like the mount is catching on full lock. had a look under the bonnet and this is the gap:

dsc00364rf0.jpg

dsc00365cd9.jpg

what's the easiest way of putting this right?

however, in the morning i took my dad to work, he was sitting in the front passenger seat, and he is 16 st. and it didn't make the noise at all...???