ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help us with some market research (AN fittings and hoses) Advocult motorsport

Feed hose pretty much mapped out. We decided to change the route of the original hose to the near side of the car. This keeps the hose away from the manifold. We are just waiting on some more banjo connections to come in to finish this off so we can start testing. We also need to come up with a more rugged method of holding the hose in place around the drive shaft.
FCFE9626-451B-4987-85F1-1079D021470F.jpeg
549325A0-76DF-468F-A3A6-1BF4AABC8275.jpeg
B203AF57-3055-47A6-92DE-A7843C768A92.jpeg

So the kit replaces the high pressure pipe and has an inline oil cooler rad if I understand correctly?
Just a replacement for the high pressure hose at the moment. We will test that first then come back to the cooler.
The cooler will either replace the return from the rack to the expansion tank hose. Or the hose from the tank that supply’s the pump.
The biggest issue with the cooler is if it is really needed. Although the stock system will generate heat by working the fluid, a large portion of the heat will be coming from how the stock system is routed (right under the manifold)

Reactions: Gus

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
All sounds good but I think a cooler in the return line is what will make the kit if possible. What heat sleeve are you using? Goodridge Firesleeve or similar?

All sounds good but I think a cooler in the return line is what will make the kit if possible. What heat sleeve are you using? Goodridge Firesleeve or similar?
Hi Frayz, after speaking to many owners we have come to the conclusion that the majority of the issue with boiling fluid is either due to old fluid that hasn't been replaced in a long time, and combining that with the fact that the stock hose is routed directly underneath the exhaust manifold.

We will be working on a cooler kit at a later date, but fixing the recurring leak issue is the top priority.

We use HEL performance fire sleeve as it is rated to 250C direct contact which is more than enough for this application.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Frayz, after speaking to many owners we have come to the conclusion that the majority of the issue with boiling fluid is either due to old fluid that hasn't been replaced in a long time, and combining that with the fact that the stock hose is routed directly underneath the exhaust manifold.

We will be working on a cooler kit at a later date, but fixing the recurring leak issue is the top priority.

We use HEL performance fire sleeve as it is rated to 250C direct contact which is more than enough for this application.
Thanks for the detail, look forward to seeing your solution 🙂

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Has any track use been done during testing?

This is when I have a problem despite fitting a new pump and completely changing the fluid.

Has any track use been done during testing?

This is when I have a problem despite fitting a new pump and completely changing the fluid.
Hi Andy. Yes we did some hot lap testing a curborough sprint course without issue. Can you tell me a little more about your setup?

do you have an aftermarket manifold? Still have the stock heat shield installed?

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
That's good to know as that's where most people have the problem with fluid boiling.

Standard set up, not sure about heat shield. Will have to try and find what the heat shield looks like.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Hi Andy. Yes we did some hot lap testing a curborough sprint course without issue. Can you tell me a little more about your setup?

do you have an aftermarket manifold? Still have the stock heat shield installed?
Standard 172 manifold

There will be a lot of interest in this stuff. Just been through the nightmare of it all when turbo converting my 182. The amount of fittings you need is impressive!

Turbo oil feed lines and fittings from the pressure switch

Oil cooler fittings and lines

Oil temp sensor fittings and lines

Oil pressure sensor fittings and lines.

EPAS rack conversion port looping.

What brand of fittings do you use?

Last edited:
There will be a lot of interest in this stuff. Just been through the nightmare of it all when turbo converting my 182. The amount of fittings you need is impressive!

Turbo oil feed lines and fittings from the pressure switch

Oil cooler fittings and lines

Oil temp sensor fittings and lines

Oil pressure sensor fittings and lines.

EPAS rack conversion port looping.

What brand of fittings do you use?
Hi Martin!

yes we think there is a lot of potential to help the Clio community with AN fittings and hoses, if it isn't something you have knowledge about or previous experience it can be quite confusing.
The brand is our own, the majority of other brands are now made in China and we spent a long time testing different manufacturers quality before we made the choice we did.
The product quality is great and we are trying to focus on a more personal and helpful service than you might receive elsewhere.

Sounds good. Product quality has always been a huge concern for me. Last thing anyone wants is to go through all the effort for the fittings to then leak etc.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thermostatic plates which have enough ports to also run oil pressure and temp gauges from. At the moment you either have to stack or run a non-thermostatic plate.

For turbo conversions we found it difficult to identify fittings which wouldn't foul the internal restrictor on the garrett ball bearing turbos, most were too long.

Oil cooler stuff is pretty bread and butter. The turbo feed took quite a bit of research and the following fittings to convert the block fitting into an articulating oil feed. The standard 1 piece type take offs was at the wrong angle.

JIC 7/16" Male x JIC 7/16" Male
JIS Adaptors / JIC male x JIS - 7/16" x m14
JIC Swivel Female Tee 7/16" x 7/16" x 7/16"
M14 Male 1.5mm Pitch x JIC 7/16" Male Adaptor

I always struggle to find clips to hold hoses apart. I don't mean those standard type hose separators you can get easily but instead the articulating OEM ones which could keep a oil cooler pipe away from a rad pipe etc