ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-- HELP -- valvers trouble

CLIO VAN 1.2
I was driving my valver last week and made a funny noise when pulled away. then oil pressure light came on and the guage was reading nothing. i thought this was my oil pump so have taken engine out but oil pump seems to be working but how do i know for sure? could anything else of caused this to happen. it was running for about thirty seconds-1min could i have done any other damage to the engine?

any ideas :( :( :( :(

CB600FS
Erm, did you dip the oil before you took the engine out??

Check your oil pressure switch is working properly, cheap to replace they aren't expensive. Tighten and clean up the terminals on the wiring block plug on the switch aswell.

What years the van? Mk1 or Mk2? 8v or 16v??

The lights, sensors and wiring can be trouble. Mine had a histry of comming on it wasn't the pump just the sensor or the wiring I never got round to fixing it though but I'm sure it was the sesnor or a bad wire then again my sesnor always worked just the light comming on.

CLIO VAN 1.2
The lights, sensors and wiring can be trouble. Mine had a histry of comming on it wasn't the pump just the sensor or the wiring I never got round to fixing it though but I'm sure it was the sesnor or a bad wire then again my sesnor always worked just the light comming on.
cheers for replying when i switched the car off it was tapping its tits off so i know that there wasnt any oil getting around the engine, now i have taken the pump off and it seams fine and the worm gear to it seems to be working fine but how do i know if the pump is good or bad as turning it by hand and it throws oil up but thats by hand and with engine speed it might not be working properly but seems impossible to tell. any ideas???

CLIO VAN 1.2
Erm, did you dip the oil before you took the engine out??

Check your oil pressure switch is working properly, cheap to replace they aren't expensive. Tighten and clean up the terminals on the wiring block plug on the switch aswell.

What years the van? Mk1 or Mk2? 8v or 16v??
no longer got a van just a clio 1.8 16v starting to regret the swap as it owes me nearly 4 grand bloody car
:(