ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Warning Light - Monitoring Exhaust Gas

1.6 16v
my bros 1.2 clio mk2 ph1 has just thrown this light on dash:

warning_light.jpg

what is it all about? anybody else had this problem? and how did they fix it??

Cheers Steve

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
mine comes on and off as regular as clockwork - when it was under warrenty had the lambda sensor replaced twice by renault..............im not too bothered about it anymore tbh

mine came on with the DIY decat, my mate reset it with his PC/cable to turn the light off, came back on after 1000miles

Sounds like its in limp mode, get it on a diagnostic machine, Renault will charge half an hour for that, well worthwhile as it will pin point the faults. Thats a universal warning light, could be any number of things.

Karlos172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182 Trophy/R5GTT
Could be upstream or downstream oxygen sensor (before or after cat) had it on my cup, £260 later at renault was sorted! could take it out and clean it up and put it back see if it sorts it, probably need plugging into diagnostic machine