ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Water leak in passenger footwell

Renault Clio
Hi! Hoping someone can give me advise.

I have a clio 2004 and for the past 2 months I've had a puddle of water in my passenger footwell every time there has been heavy rain.

I have unblocked the drains on the left side of the car. My windscreen was replaced over a year ago. And the sunroof was fixed last year for a leak there.

I've removed the carpet and the foam underneath (which waa drenched) last week waiting for heavy rain again. To find where the leak is. I've located it to under the dashboard (see photos attached where its circled I have actually seen water run in during heavy rain), the foam under there seems to be soaked too so this maybe where the leak is coming from and now I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

It must be coming from the scuttle panel. Is there a drain in the middle that can get blocked. My drivers side one is fine.

The water is definitely rain water.

Can anyone suggest my next steps.

Thank you soooo much in advance

Attachments

• 1542810374252599609739258774805.jpg
    1542810374252599609739258774805.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 429
  • 20181121_142723.jpg
    20181121_142723.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 420

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
I would check the central scuttle drain outlet first, it can get clogged with dead leaves etc

At back of the engine -in the centre, run your hand down the sound deadening carpet until you find a small hole well down the back, pop your finger in there -there should be a rubber pipe outlet, give it a jiggle ans see if any water runs out, if you dont find it in there then it could have been ripped out before as these clogged.
If not that then the blockage could be in the scuttle, this requires removing the windscreen wipers and plastic scuttle to get at it.
carpet2.jpg

LOL @STEVE.M

On topic... I also have the same with my dCi at the moment... behind the passenger seat is a soggy mess!

20181115_130537.jpg

Being a 5 door and having a sunroof tells me it's going to be fun to diagnose... as after quickly popping the drivers scuttle off, the drain did look to be completely bone dry.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Cheers for the reminder as i need to sort my mums clio with the same issue

Cheers for the reminder as i need to sort my mums clio with the same issue

How did you get on Paul?

I spent 3 hours on the car tonight and found multiple leaks from so many places. Here's hoping I don't get this again tomorrow...

20181127_124915.jpg

20181127_124855.jpg

The whole passenger side including under the seat is saturated and the dark bits are actual puddles.. !

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Havnt done it yet but mum is picking the kids up from school so will have the car at my house later so will try and do it then

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I had/have the same issue. My car is now fully stripped. The water was coming in above the rear window somewhere (3dr). I removed the aerial and silicones it back on, didn’t work.
Removed the plastic trim on the roof above the window and siliconed the panel gaps, this helped a little. Now when it rains/it’s washed I get a litte drip which lands on the boot floor next to the passenger side rear damper. Defo comes from that back corner of the roof, I put it down to the water trickling along what ever pipe/wiring went from that point to the front of the car, my headliner used to get wet at rear pas corner & front pass corner. My rear footwell was never wet, just the front part. I removed a pint and half of water when I first noticed.

Edit: windscreen also replaced as the main culprit