ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP !! whats wrong with my car ??????

Monaco 172
I was driving home earlyer when i started to hear this flapping / scrathing type noise coming from under or in the engine area, then when i pull off the car just died so i pulled in to the side and checked the car.
I found a bit of belt in the engine area and then when i try and start the car the engine sounds weird and in doesnt fire up ??? the only light thats on in the dash is the battery light and the clocks flashing as if the powers gone off ????
But i checked in the oil hole and the camshafts are turning and the belt that u can see in the engine is still turning
Can anyone help me please !!!!

BMW M135i
If the cams are still turning the cambelt must be intact in some fashion and the only belt you can see without removing covers is the aux belt.

Monaco 172
Looks like a piece of aux belt has come off but the belt is still on and working its just a bit has come off it and must of been flapping around in there.
I think hopefully the cambelt is still ok as the cams are still turning its just that it wont fire up at all ???????
The only other thing is that the interior clocks flashing as if the battery was disconnected i dont know why this happend ?????
:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S:S WHY

Monaco 172
Also when i try and lock and arm the alarm it does click and lock it just makes a buzzing sound then when i retry it works fine ???????:(:(

Megane dci 130
It does this

Attachments

• P140409_14.55.JPG
    P140409_14.55.JPG
    345.5 KB · Views: 108
  Monaco 172
It does this
Hi shepperdspie i reckon theres a good chance this is whats happend to my car, i just wanted to know if you could tell me more about it? like
has this completely wrecked the engine as the cams are still moving ?
Is it a big job to do ? is it pricey ? :(:( lol
Thanks for ur help

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
you could try and just get the timing checked and adjusted if needed and try it. seen 2 that have been out from this and done no damage , run spot on with no compression loss after timing reset . (probably lucky) if not , may have just done the valves , but head off to investigate . common fault.
its a s**t when it happens. price depends on what found when head is off if timing up doesnt work. get someone who know what they are doing to check/reset for you though.

Monaco 172
My cars been at the garage today getting checked and the belt did wrap round the pully, i had the timing redone but there was no compression in thre engine so the machanic reckons the valves are bent.
anyone know where i should go from here and if this is a major job and would it be better to replace the engine or not.