ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEWBIE: Clio extreme 55 plate sound system upgrade HELP!

extreme flamer
I have a Clio Extreme 1.2 16v 3door which i have owned since June and I've decided to attempt to improve it, i have bought black lexus lights which are yet to be fitted, the rest of the changes I have planned are black angel eye conversion, interior changes and maybe a decent exhaust and refurbed powder coated wheels eventually (subtle changes lol). My main point in joining this forum is sound system confusion, I want to upgrade the sound system which includes the two front door speakers, the two in the dashboard (tweeters I think) and maybe the rear speakers if I have them I haven't checked tbh and I'll maybe give in and buy a new head unit eventually. Ideally I'd love to be able to just swap over components with wiring adaptors or whatever can this be done? I've been looking at these speakers:http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-ts-q131c-renault.html for the front can anyone recommend these or others to me please! I'm quite technically minded too I plan to do all the work myself so the easier the better, Thanks

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome.

Check the ICE section. Thread like this every day :rasp:

Get a decent head unit which does HPF/LPF, turn the bass off to the door speakers, stick a sub in the boot (doesn't have to fill it!) and you're done.

Regarding "improving" it .. angel eyes and lexarse lights are very 1997 and didn't look good then. :dead: Check the non sports thread in the media section for ideas if you really have to !

:evil:

extreme flamer
thanks, how does this site work? I just typed alot of s*** there in hope of an answer it was kinda optimistic lol

extreme flamer
no offence giraffe, I'm new to cars and have my 1st car this is my (boyracer) car I suppose lol I'm not trying to be a boy racer and think that my black lights are smart rather than the factory red and angel eyes are much smarter than factory dull yellow light I don't need advice on that it's just my sound system thats causing confusion