ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help wiring up my omex rev limiter/ launch control

Clio 172 phase 1
Has any one done this before got a guide i cant seem to get mine working? .... got all the functions working on the box and switch but its not actually limiting or working as a launch ....

Clio 172 phase 1
Engine will be fine as i wont be using it all the time like a chav. And i want to set the limiter to 6800rpm as thats when my shift light comes on and im on standard bearings and rods so dont want to be over revving it :) .... but still need help with this as i cant get it working!!

Clio 172 phase 1
Okay not after a debate on this just after some friendly help everything on here ends up as a debate of opinions would just like to know if anyone knows how to do it....

106GTI / NovaC20LET
The car already has a rev limiter...

Most people only get them for flames and bangs as it cuts off the spark and allows it to over fuel. The launch control is poor tbh you just set the revlimit you want hold the button while bouncing it then release clutch and let go of button lol. I know a lad that used to swear by it on his saxo till he melted his valve stem seals lol.

Clio 172 phase 1
Would be nice if I could get the bloody thing to actually limit... All the buttons light up all the functions seem to work properly I've obv done something wrong with the coil wires but no one seems to know what the coil earths are I've wired it to the salmon pink and beige wire as that's what I can see are the negatives but it's not working, so I'm stuck some one on here must be running one can't only be me

Clio 172 phase 1
Any one please help? I know this engine runs wasted spark so do i have to connect both blue ( coil negatives ) to one wire? I know ive done something wrong and its gotta be to do with the coil but i cant figure out what....

Clio 172 phase 1
James i spent all day yesterday looking please be a life saver!! Link me to it :) ive searched and searched and searched .... if you link me and are ever in newport ill buy u a beer to say thanks!! Lol

Clio 172 phase 1
Ive read that one however that dosent work the blue wires on the 2 coil pack wires beige and salmon dont make it work ....

Clio 172 phase 1
Does it have to be coil pack live as it says any 12v live ignition switch wich ive wiered to the ignitio n

Clio 172 phase 1
Thats what ive used as i dont have a stereo its got to ne something to do with the coil wires why it dosent work .... someone surly should know.. ive read that with a shift light u only use 1 earth and set the box 2 two cylinder....

Clio 172 phase 1
Arrhh my box is set to 4 cylinder perhaps this is whats wrong... asuming as the engine is a 4 cylinder but i get it cuz its wasted spark its only 2 cylinder on intake and exhaust stroke.... ill have a go at lunch time see what i can do :)

Clio 172 phase 1
Yaaay set it to twin and sorted!!! Thanks for ur help tom if ur ever down my way ill get u a drink in