ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with 182 OEM Air Box & Feeds

182 Trophy
Hi All,

I would really like some help with this if anybody is willing. My car (182 Trophy) has had its acoustic valve and the attached cold air feed removed (leaving the hole in the side of the box) I am trying to figure out what I need to get it all back (inc acoustic valve) to standard. I know people will say don't bother with the acoustic valve but I want the setup 100% standard :)

So far I know that (in order):

- I need the CAF from the airbox down to the wheel arch
- The acoustic valve itself
- The vacuum hose that attaches to valve and up to the throttle body
- ?? This is the part im stuck on. What comes after the acoustic valve and where does it go to. I have seen the grill under the bottom arch liner which I assume is where the air comes into the feed/valve. The parts diagram from renault doesn't show anything after the valve, only the caf from the airbox to the valve, and the valve itself

Many Thanks,

Matt

182 Trophy
Thanks for the quick reply. So does the valve just hang there attached to the horn bracket and suck air from the general direction of the grill on the underside of the arch liner?

Or does the valve clip to the grill/arch liner.

Sorry to be so thick but not having the chance to see a standard setup all in place I am working blind.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Theres a guide on here somewhere mate on how to remove it all so maybe take a look at that and do the reverse??

182 Trophy
Yeah thanks mate I have the guide printed off. The only problem is that you cant really see where (angle/mounting bracket etc) the valve goes. What I really want is the guide from the clio trophy forum but that link/page has been dead for ages now. If anyone has a pictures of a totally standard setup taken with the arch liner off that would be great.

Thanks Again

182 Trophy
How much do you want for that then mate? :)

I may have some hope that the guy I bought it from still has all the tubing and the valve but if he doesn't I will be in need of the bits.

Thanks

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I think i have an acoustic valve spare for a £10 - I might be wrong-
Circular thing with wire round the outside.

S

182 Trophy
Thanks to everybody who has helped me out with this. A member PM'd me who has all the bits I need to get this back to OEM and so hopefully soon it will be sorted.

Thanks Again :)