ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with a system.

O

Oakley12

Hi guys, I'm looking at getting another sound system after my past one decided that it would not want to work anymore haha. I've already got my 4 channel hertz amp, and my 12" Jl audio w0 subwoofer.

In my old fiesta I had Rockford fosgate 6x9's (can't remember what model number) and I had 3way focal front components (can't remember model number). Now my question is what route would I be best going down now, getting an awesome set of front components & just your usual rear speakers. And run just fronts off my amplifier, or getting awesome rears & a 2channel amplifier, running my sub off the two channel amp & fronts and rears off the 4 channel amp?

Ideally I would'nt mind having my rears run from just standard form rather than off an amp as I'm never sat in the back lol. I would mind paying anything inbetween 2-300 for fronts and up to 150 for rears.

What components would you use for front's & rears? Also any links would be much appreciated!

​Thanks in advance :)

PH2 RS172
hi dude. i would go the sq+ route and go for a top banana set of components up front and amp them up. i wouldnt run any rears. last car i did this type of install in was an impreza hawkeye and it sounded amazing with the alpine comps and jl sub. if you do it right you dont need any rears providing the standard speaker locations arent roy cropper... and theyre not to badly positioned in the clio to make the most of it :)

O

Oakley12

Thanks for the advice fella! Seen a nice set of Focal Polyglass 130V1, what's your thought on them?

PH2 RS172
absolutely spot on being as i deal with the armour auto which is a focal dealer... theyre bang on the money and sound fantastic! good choice!

O

Oakley12

That's good to hear then :). Maybe if I just order some £80 focals for the rear just to get abit more sound into the car?

They'll be ordered shortly :)

PH2 RS172
oh yeah you can go with rears aswell, but for the best overall sound one amazing set of comps up front and a mono bass section at the rear gives the best sound overall imo. it changes the dynamics of the music when you use this type of setup but for more overall volume then yes, a set of rears wont hurt :)

O

Oakley12

Thanks for all the help fella! Ill update when I've got them and fitted :).