ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with a virus

polo, here for lols
i am far from a computer wizz, hence why i need a hand. My virus scanner (sophos) has picked up a trojan/spyware. It is a file in C:windows. My anti virus software says it can't delete it (the user does not have the rights to perform the action on the infected file) and i can't delete it manually it says accesses denied, make sure the disc is not full or write protected or the file is not in use. Any help in this matter would be great!!
Thanks

Last edited:
  FOCUS ST 275
There are nasty ones been done by the russian mafia at the moment, had one on my work laptop somehow, it had to be wiped and windows re-installed.

FOCUS ST 275
No joke,

They install a sleeper virus which activates after a set time, it then disables your anti-virus, changes the Windows sheild to their own one which informs you that you have spyware on your comp and that you need to download antivirus pro 2009.

You than install this and it scans your PC.

WOW it finds the spyware/trojan and tells you that you need the full version of Antivirus pro 2009 to get rid of it, the full version costs $19.99.

You buy it via credit card.

OH s**t! you just gave your credit card details to the russian mafia.

Our I.T guy said that these virus' take loads of time to code up, so they must make a killing form it.

VW ....
^sack your IT man i say .... wipe windows & re-install ??? was he just bored lol

your talking about the spyware.remotespy[B-type] virus that does exactly as you say .

friend of mine had it ,googled it & got rid of it in 5 mins without wiping anything :S

however there will be some dumb f***s that actually pay the money when it pops up.

Last edited:
No joke,

They install a sleeper virus which activates after a set time, it then disables your anti-virus, changes the Windows sheild to their own one which informs you that you have spyware on your comp and that you need to download antivirus pro 2009.

You than install this and it scans your PC.

WOW it finds the spyware/trojan and tells you that you need the full version of Antivirus pro 2009 to get rid of it, the full version costs $19.99.

You buy it via credit card.

OH s**t! you just gave your credit card details to the russian mafia.

Our I.T guy said that these virus' take loads of time to code up, so they must make a killing form it.

I had that virus not long back, killed everything on my laptop eventually, put XP black on after that and have had no probs since.

FOCUS ST 275
^sack your IT man i say .... wipe windows & re-install ??? was he just bored lol

your talking about the spyware.remotespy[B-type] virus that does exactly as you say .

friend of mine had it ,googled it & got rid of it in 5 mins without wiping anything :S

however there will be some dumb f**ks that actually pay the money when it pops up.

Once there is a cure for a virus they mod it so the fix doesn't work.
He worked on my laptop all day, I needed it ASAP so he said he would wipe it, perhaps with time he could have got it off.

Anyhow, there f**king clever, the popup things looked convincing enough.
Good thing im not to much of a sucker.

Audi S1
note down what the file is... try manually searching for it.. if not boot it into safe mood... simple delete it then delete it from recyle bin :)

185lb/ft dCi
are you guys serious? russian mafia viruses?!?!

anyhow just get yourself on taskmanager and find out which process it is using. a virus has to attach it self to a host to run so note down the .exe, end it in task manager then search for it and delete it!

Audi S1
are you guys serious? russian mafia viruses?!?!

anyhow just get yourself on taskmanager and find out which process it is using. a virus has to attach it self to a host to run so note down the .exe, end it in task manager then search for it and delete it!

+1