ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with car insurance claim...

1 Series Coupe
My sister and her mate Dan, had a minor knock last night. I.e. small dent and scratches on hers (Ford KA - £3.5k), less damage on his (Saxo £1.4k). (Side impact on my sisters car, front impact on Dan's car)

My sister is Fully Comp.
Dan is TPFT.

Dan is insisting to his dad that it was my sisters fault, hence his dad now wants to go through insurance. Dan has changed his mind since last night, as last night they both agreed it was them both being silly.

They are both very minor knocks and its not worth going through insurance imo. In this situation i should imagine it will go 'knock for knock' anyway?? Which would mean my sister would get hers fixed from her insurance and Dan wouldn't as he is only TPFT?

My sisters excess is £400.. I don't even think the damage is anywhere near £400.
I'm sure Dan's is very similar?

I can't see why Dan's dad wants to go through the insurance as he won't really gain anything in the above situation.

These are the silly little teenagers that make our premiums go up...

Before anyone says - no there are no pics of my Sister!!

What do you wonderful guys of CS think? Apart from they are both fooking stupid!!

Cheers.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Tell Dan's dad to do one. There is no point in going through insurance for a £1.4K shed unless you have written it off imo. It's just going to hit them hard in the pocket come renewal time. Have them both get quotes to fix the damage, add them together and split it down the middle, seeing as they were both being fannies.

PS: how can it not be Dan's fault if he hit your sis (front impact?)?

R27, Deep Black
Tell Dan's dad to do one. There is no point in going through insurance for a £1.4K shed unless you have written it off imo. It's just going to hit them hard in the pocket come renewal time. Have them both get quotes to fix the damage, add them together and split it down the middle, seeing as they were both being fannies.

PS: how can it not be Dan's fault if he hit your sis (front impact?)?

Exactly as quoted.