ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with CF vinyl

A blue one
Bit of a late one but its quick,

bought some 3m di noc cf vinyl, works lovely on parts like bullets and dash inserts and looks brill, tried the wing mirror cover omg its hard, fairly easy untill you get to last section and it seems impossible!! any tips on getting round the curves on the wing mirror??

i did try it with the case on so might be easier with it on the car, i have been heating it also which helps.

thanks gazz.

RB FF 182
Gazz i found that having a lot of excess really helps on the corners to pull it straight and remove any wrinkles make sure you heat it nicely and have enough to strech around the cover... also dont trim it till its completly cooled as it does shrink slightly... :)

A blue one
its alright thanks pal lol, all done now and looks mint. dont the dash strips and the warning light button panel, looks really smart and most people havnt the faintest about what real cf looks like. cheers gazz.

mg zr
i fit vinyl and if you want it to go on with no creases is to get ur misses hair dryer and heat it a little and then pull it tight as vinyl has a memory to a extent but this may cause the pattern to worp a little but if is not were it will be seen heat it in
only heat it a little as it can melt at high temps
hope it helps