ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with choosing ecu????

clio 172 ph1,golf v5
Hi all, I am building a race car to race in the msa ruled castle Coombe saloon car championship. My question is what's a good cost effective ecu to run? I have been looking at the canems? Has anyone used this ecu? From what I've read its good but just looking for some first had feedback when using with a clio?

Cheers Dom

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
For a basic N/A race application like I assume you are talking about, it really doesnt matter much which ECU you choose as any modern ecu will do the job just fine, you dont need to worry about the crudeness of transient control that some have etc.

Just go with whatever the person who is going to map the car prefers working with.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I use canems on mk1s and its a good ecu. If you want no frill its ideal and will run an f4r perfectly. I would go for a GEN 90 on a 172, and infact I have

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Depends on who you ask, everyone has a pet tuner, its like asking who is the best football team, lol