ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with clio/meg 225 conversion

clio 172/megane
Hi all firstly let me introduce my self and say hello to everyone.I am new to the forum but have had my clio 172 for alot of years and need some help with my conversion as i am running out of options and pulling my hair out.I have gone down the usual and popular route of fitting a megane 225 engine,box,dash board and loom to my 172 track car,all the mechanicals are done but iam really struggling with getting it to fire up.I have the following electrical components from the 225 fitted:
full engine and box
Loom fuses etc
dash board
ECU
fuse protection unit
uch
push button
ignition electronic lock
2x aerials
key card reader
clutch and brake switches.
I know i must be missing some other component for it to recognise everything it needs to fire but short of buying every possible last piece of ansillaries i am at a loss,can anybody help me as to what i might be missing the only life it has at the moment is the led flashing for the immobilsier on the dash board and the push button lit,im sort of thinking its the immobiliser thats stopping it firing HELP!

Attachments

• new phone 013 (640x360).jpg
    new phone 013 (640x360).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 142
  dan's cast offs.
you have got the key card i take it? not on your list thats all.

should of stuck with the stock ecu and ran it on that.

clio 172/megane
Hello yes ive got the key card,it is on the stock ecu which is all a matched set from the same car,i stripped a megane donor car which was complete and running but foolishly didnt strip any more things off

clio 172/megane
Hi all firstly let me introduce my self and say hello to everyone.I am new to the forum but have had my clio 172 for alot of years and need some help with my conversion as i am running out of options and pulling my hair out.I have gone down the usual and popular route of fitting a megane 225 engine,box,dash board and loom to my 172 track car,all the mechanicals are done but iam really struggling with getting it to fire up.I have the following electrical components from the 225 fitted:
full engine and box
Loom fuses etc
dash board
ECU
fuse protection unit
uch
push button
ignition electronic lock
2x aerials
key card reader
clutch and brake switches.
I know i must be missing some other component for it to recognise everything it needs to fire but short of buying every possible last piece of ansillaries i am at a loss,can anybody help me as to what i might be missing the only life it has at the moment is the led flashing for the immobilsier on the dash board and the push button lit,im sort of thinking its the immobiliser thats stopping it firing HELP!

clio 172/megane
Hello thought i would take the time and give an update,finally managed to get the car to fire up however i cannot get the dash board clocks to work the immobiliser light flashes and goes out when started, the only other life in the dash board is a slight twitch of the needles when the battery isolated is engaged.Can anybody help has to what signal the clocks require to work and where it gets it from, any help would be appreciated.