ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with exhaust needed!!

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Noticed a blowing noise coming from underneath the car in the last week or so, and in the last couple of days its feeling very sluggish and slow. Just been to quick fit and the bloke there said he couldnt see any blowing anywhere but reckons the mid section has gone and recommended i get a stainless steel exhaust fitted. Any opinions on what i should get, or do. I was planning on getting it serviced at GDI next week so do you think i should wait for their opinion before forking out a large sum of money i dont have at the moment. Car has cost me a fortune this month with MOT, Tax and now this all within a few weeks :( Not happy!

Cheers

Get another garage to have a look they can blow around the mid box but the rear box where the pipe attaches to the box is where the usualy go.

Black R26, Iceburg 172
The guy said that the baffles have gone in the centre section, would this make it sound like its blowing? It also rattles at idle. Should i look at completely changing the whole whole exhaust system?

BMW E46 330i Touring
The idle rattling will be the baffles mate, I've not known baffles causing blowing... I'd imagine that's down to a join needing welding / fixing somewhere.

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Yeah thats what the guy said, its just i never trust Kwik Fit. Always get the impression they are trying to rob me of my money. Quoted me £352 for a replacement which seems ridiculously high to me. Any suggestions on what replacement to get? Must admit im tempted by this one http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1560

Any ideas?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
lets have a look, it might be fixable rather than replacing it.... often a simple weld will do the job, even if its a temp fix

clio 182 black /gold
My corsa did this and the could not see anything kwik rip and i went to another ats infact and there was a small hole and the joint was leaking so i put a bandage on it.